Trips & Visits
Sweyne Park Trips 2018 / 2019
* Costs of trips are awaiting confirmation
|September 2018||17th - 21st||All School||DofE Gold Assessed Expedition||£320|
|16th - 21st||KS4||Château de la Baudonnière, Normandy, France||£675|
|October 2018||1st - 4th||All School||DofE Silver Assessed Expedition||£150|
|17th - 19th||Year 12||Coastal Fieldwork in Osmington Bay||£275|
|November 2018||8th||KS4||Romeo and Juliet, Barbican Centre, London||£35|
|22nd||KS3||Macbeth, Barbican Centre, London||£35|
|February 2019||15th - 19th||KS4 and KS5||Drama Trip to New York||£1305|
|15th -23rd||All School||Ski Trip, Stubai Glacier, Austria||£1100|
|March 2019||15th - 18th||Year 8||Kingswood Activity Centre, Overstrand, Norfolk||£180|
|22nd - 23rd||Year 11||MFL Study Trip, Lee Valley||£98|
|April 2019||24th - 27th||Year 10||History visit to Poland||£540|
|May 2019||24th - 1st June||Year 9||Acorn Adventures, Villeneuve, Aosta Valley, Itlay||£825|
|June 2019||26th - 28th||KS3||Stratford-upon-Avon, Residential||£285|
|July 2019||2nd - 6th||KS4 & KS5||5 Day Study Trip to Berlin||£700 - £750 approx.|
* Costs of trips are awaiting confirmation
|September 2018||26th||KS5||Business Activity at The Edge Hotel, University of Essex, Colchester||Free|
|October 2018||3rd||KS4||An Inspector Calls, Richmond Theatre, London||£30|
|31st||KS5||Human Resource Workshop, Thorpe Park||£45|
|November 2018||8th||KS4||Romeo & Juliet, Barbican Centre, London||£35|
|24th||KS4||Skills London, ExCel Exhibition Centre, London||£12|
|December 2018||5th||KS5||Economics in Action, London SW1P 3DW||£30|
Should you wish to find out more information about any of the trips listed (e.g. when the trip letters will be released/payment details/criteria for selection in the event of over-subscription), please ring the main office who will put you in touch with the relevant Head of Department or Trip Leader.
Expectations of Pupils during School Visits
At Sweyne Park School we are keen to offer pupils a wide and enjoyable experience and school visits can be a valuable part of this experience.
We believe that a school visit should aim:
- to promote the development of pupils and an appreciation of all that the environment can offer
- to help pupils to learn a sense of community, good fellowship and unselfishness
- to allow pupils to spend a planned visit safely, intelligently and happily
- to help pupils to gain in initiative, resourcefulness and self-reliance.
During school visits staff make a considerable commitment for all the organisation and have responsibility for the pupils. It is, therefore, very important that we are confident that all our pupils will respond in a positive and appropriate manner when on any school visit. In order to ensure that all pupils and staff have a rewarding, enjoyable ad safe visit, we set out the following expectations.
Pupils are expected to:
- show respect to themselves, others and the environment at all times (e.g. to be reliable, courteous and trustworthy, and to respect local customs and traditions)
- behave in a way to ensure the safety of themselves and others at all times
- follow instructions and guidance from staff and other people in authority (e.g. guides, coach drivers, police etc...)
- have, and use, suitable equipment/kit when required (as specified prior to the visit), be fit to take part in the visit and inform staff of any specific medical conditions
- report any injury, illness or incident immediately to a member of staff
- have suitable funding for the purchase of food/drink, admission charges or incidental costs (as specified prior to the visit)
- promptly follow the correct procedures in the case of an emergency (as explained by staff prior to, and at the start of, a visit).
At Sweyne Park we are proud of our rich extra-curricular offer and the wide range of trips and visits we offer. In response to suggestions from our new Parents’ Forum, we have set out above the trips we currently have planned for 2018-19. Clearly this list is subject to change and the costs given are an approximate indication only. Please note that no trips are obligatory for pupils studying a particular subject, with the exception of the Geography field trip where there is a choice of either Snowdon or the free visit to Southend.
We hope this information will be helpful to families and, as with all extra-curricular events that we offer, should you be experiencing any financial difficulties please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher in the strictest of confidence.