Trips & Visits
Sweyne Park Trips 2019 / 2020
* Costs of trips are awaiting confirmation
|September 2019||29th - 3rd October||All School||Duke of Edinburgh, Gold - Assessed Expedition||£400|
|October 2019||9th – 12th||All School||Silver Assessed Expedition (Duke of Edinburgh)||£200|
|13th - 18th||KS4||French Trip to Château de la Baudonnière, Normandy, France||£690|
|December 2019||4th - 7th||All School||German Christmas Markets, Boppard, Germany||£420|
|February 2020||14th - 22nd||All School||Ski Trip, Stubai Glacier, Austria||£1100|
|28th-2nd March||KS5||Religious Studies trip to Rome||£700|
|March 2020||14th - 16th||Year 8||Kingswood Activity Centre, Overstrand, Norfolk||£175|
|24th - 27th||Year 10||Krakow, Poland||£603|
|April 2020||March 31st - 3rd||Year 10||Geography visit to the Bay of Naples, Italy||£800|
|July 2020||7th - 10th||KS4 & KS5||5 Day Study Trip to Berlin||£730 - £770
* Costs of trips are awaiting confirmation
|September 2019||9th||Year 11||Walton-on-the-Naze||Free|
|26th||KS5||Model UN Conference, Southend High School for Boys||Free|
|October 2019||16th||All School||Juniper Book Award Launch||£10|
|November 2019||11th||KS3||Pineapple Dance Workshop, in house||£8.50|
|19th||Year 13||Emmanuel Centre, Marsham Street, London||£58|
|27th||KS4||An Inspector Calls, New Wimbledon Theatre, London||£38|
|December 2019||7th||All School||Mandarin Chinese Speaking Competition, HSBC, British Council,
The Victory Services Association, Seymour St, London W2 2HF
|16th||All School||Arts Award Theatre Visit||£33.50|
|17th||Year 7||Holy Trinity Church, Rayleigh||Free|
|January 2020||22nd||Year 11||Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge||TBA|
|24th||Year 11||Poetry Live, London Emanuel Centre||£35|
|June 2020||18th||Year 12||UCAS, Colchester||TBC|
|29th||KS4||'Coasts' Primary data collection for Paper 3, Walton-on-the-Naze||£35|
|30th||KS4||'Coasts' Primary data collection for Paper 3, Walton-on-the-Naze||£35|
|July 2020||1st||KS4||'Coasts' Primary data collection for Paper 3, Walton-on-the-Naze||£35|
Should you wish to find out more information about any of the trips listed (e.g. when the trip letters will be released/payment details/criteria for selection in the event of over-subscription), please ring the main office who will put you in touch with the relevant Head of Department or Trip Leader.
Expectations of Pupils during School Visits
At Sweyne Park School we are keen to offer pupils a wide and enjoyable experience and school visits can be a valuable part of this experience.
We believe that a school visit should aim:
- to promote the development of pupils and an appreciation of all that the environment can offer
- to help pupils to learn a sense of community, good fellowship and unselfishness
- to allow pupils to spend a planned visit safely, intelligently and happily
- to help pupils to gain in initiative, resourcefulness and self-reliance.
During school visits staff make a considerable commitment for all the organisation and have responsibility for the pupils. It is, therefore, very important that we are confident that all our pupils will respond in a positive and appropriate manner when on any school visit. In order to ensure that all pupils and staff have a rewarding, enjoyable ad safe visit, we set out the following expectations.
Pupils are expected to:
- show respect to themselves, others and the environment at all times (e.g. to be reliable, courteous and trustworthy, and to respect local customs and traditions)
- behave in a way to ensure the safety of themselves and others at all times
- follow instructions and guidance from staff and other people in authority (e.g. guides, coach drivers, police etc.....)
- have, and use, suitable equipment/kit when required (as specified prior to the visit), be fit to take part in the visit and inform staff of any specific medical conditions
- report any injury, illness or incident immediately to a member of staff
- have suitable funding for the purchase of food/drink, admission charges or incidental costs (as specified prior to the visit)
- promptly follow the correct procedures in the case of an emergency (as explained by staff prior to, and at the start of, a visit).
At Sweyne Park we are proud of our rich extra-curricular offer and the wide range of trips and visits we offer. In response to suggestions from our new Parents’ Forum, we have set out above the trips we currently have planned for 2018-19. Clearly this list is subject to change and the costs given are an approximate indication only. Please note that no trips are obligatory for pupils studying a particular subject, with the exception of the Geography field trip where there is a choice of either Snowdon or the free visit to Southend.
We hope this information will be helpful to families and, as with all extra-curricular events that we offer, should you be experiencing any financial difficulties please do not hesitate to contact the Headteacher in the strictest of confidence.