Sixth Form Higher Education & UCAS
Higher Education and UCAS
All students at Sweyne Park are strongly encouraged to consider the benefits of a university degree. The Sixth Form team offers the following support for all applicants to university.
- A Higher Education information evening in June of Year 12 for students and parents, which provides an overview of the Higher Education sector, the university application process via UCAS, and of those considerations that any student ought to have in mind before completing their application. We will also provide further UCAS literature on the evening.
- UCAS workshops for students on the key areas of using the online UCAS system, writing personal statements and student finance.
- All students are allocated their own UCAS mentor, who will conduct one or more interviews with each student, support and advise them throughout the application process, help them craft their personal statement, and will write their final reference. In most cases this will be either the student’s Personal Tutor, the Head of Year or Dr Robertson, the Head of Sixth Form.
- A University Open Day calendar, helping students to plan the visits to those Higher Education institutions in which they have the greatest interest.
- The Maslow Library in the Atrium contains university prospectuses for most major institutions, useful guides to the university application process and information on how to prepare for interview.
- Additional support is given to our Early Applicant Group of students applying to either Oxford or Cambridge, or for Medicine, Veterinary Science, Dentistry or Optometry.